Monday 2 January 2012

Photography Inspiration

I have decided to look at photographers for inspiration. One particular photographer that caught my eye was 'Lee Miller', a surrealist photographer based in Paris in the 1920s/30s. She was born in New York in 1907, and died in 1977. Below are some of the examples of her work:

 
 


I thought that her photography was very effective and appealing to the eye. This is mainly achieved through basing her products on having two solid colours - dark grey/black and a light grey. This allows the viewer to focus their eye on the two contrasting objects that Miller is trying to convey. I really like this idea of binary opposites, and I feel that portraying it through the use of colour and lighting is very effective. As cinematographer for 'Flight', I will use a similar technique to portray Sophie's split lifestyle, through use of shadows and landscape (as shown above).

No comments:

Post a Comment