Thursday 19 January 2012

During Filming - Colour Issues

When filming the footage I could see that colours differed in two of the different shots, due to the quick change of the natural lighting which we were relying on. As cinematographer, I decided to shoot both of the scenes so that our editor, Hannah, and I could choose which one she felt was most appropriate for our production. On reflection, I feel as though the second shot has better lighting and colour, due to the warmer tones of the footage, which creates a homely atmosphere. This adds a sense of safety for Sophie in the homely atmosphere. The blinds are also more defined in the second shot, which is important in representing Sophie's confinement. Both myself and the editor of the film decided to edit out the first shot, and only incorporate the shot which shows the homely glow.

Shot #1

Shot #2 

No comments:

Post a Comment