Friday 9 March 2012

Poster for 'Flight'

As a group, we each decided to choose a still from our film which could be used as a poster design. Each of us then chose one to focus on individually. When we chose the poster that we felt was most appropriate for our film, and then worked further on developing the idea and design further as a team, to ensure that it is as effective as it could possibly be.

My poster design:




I decided to use this shot for my poster design as I feel that it is a pivotal moment within the narrative of 'Flight'. The shadows of the blinds on Sophie's chest portray how trapped and enclosed she is feeling, which emphasises the pressures she has of being a struggling dancer. Sophie is also wondering whether to go through with purchasing the drug or not. These two ideas are further shown by the emotions which can be seen on Sophie's face. Because of these reasons, and the fact that the shot itself is visually appealing, I decided to use this shot to promote my short film. Also, having a shot of the protagonist of a film is quite typical of the drama genre, as can be seen from my research into film posters. I decided to stick to the stereotype which was expected of the genre, so that people are able to know which drama the film is likely to fall into. 


Hannah's poster design:

Leanne's poster design:

No comments:

Post a Comment